Vape Pod Kits
Our comprehensive range of the best vape pod devices are one of the latest developments in vaping. Small, super slim, powerful vaping devices that produce great vapour and are very easy to use. Pod kits work with either a closed pre-filled pod for simplicity and quick/no mess changing. You can also choose refillable pods with some devices, so that you can put your favourite e-liquid in to the pod. If convenience or ease of use is your top priority then try a disposable vape.
What Are Vape Pod Kits?
Pod kits are some of the most convenient and easy ways to vape for a variety of reasons. Many vapers start as an alternative to smoking cigarettes, which is why there is a large segment of the vape market based on emulating this simple, efficient experience that gives a strong, quick nicotine hit and pleasing flavour. Pod kits are a massive part of this sector as they offer a convenient, affordable and very user-friendly, as well as offering a high-quality vaping experience. Vape kits offer an enhanced experience when compares to a basic vape pen, but are more user and budget-friendly than a more advanced and expensive box mod setup. This makes pod kits a fantastic option for new vapers, those looking to cut down or quit smoking and seasoned vapers alike.
Pod Kits: The Basics
Pod systems and kits are pretty straightforward at the base level - your device comes with either refillable or disposable “pods” with e-liquid in them. As a user, it’s as simple as clicking the pod in when you need to refill, vape instantly and easily, and throw them away or add more e-liquid once you’re done. They are perfectly designed to work intuitively and seamlessly, saving you time and making your vape experience as simple as possible.
While many vapers start out using simple e-cigs and vape pens, there are, like all vapes, advantages and disadvantages. This kind of beginner vaping device is slim, portable easy to use and affordable, and gives new vapers a chance to understand what it is they like and dislike in their vape, experiment with different nicotine strengths and flavours and identify the elements of the vaping experience that are the most important to them. However, they are often not designed to last as well as other, larger and more durable systems, they aren’t particularly powerful or customisable, and their small size often means they have a very short battery life compared to more advanced models, meaning users often need to buy duplicate batteries/devices to ensure they always have their vape when they need it.
The other end of the market is far more expensive and complex, with the number of different box mods, batteries, chambers, accessories, coils, vaporizers and more rising all the time. While this can give you the most customisable vaping experience and offer considerably more power than other options on the market, for a lot of people, this can seem very overwhelming, as well as particularly time and labour intensive, which for many users isn’t the experience they want from their vape.
Pod systems offer a happy medium between beginner and advanced vape options, as they are affordable, convenient, stylish and incredibly easy to use, while also offering improved power, customisation and battery life, making them the “best of both worlds” approach for many vapers.
How Do Pod Kits Work?
Pod kit vapes work in exactly the same way as beginner kits, vape pens and box mods. The cartridge is filled with the e-liquid of your choice, which is then heated using a vaporizer, turning it into vapour. In pod kits, the flavour comes from a cartridge, or “pod”, rather than a static or refillable chamber, making pod kits an easy method for new and experienced vapers alike. In some pod kits, users will need to simply remove the cartridges when they’re done and replace them with another, while others need a little more maintenance. For pods which need to be refilled, you may need to replace the empty pod on a semi-regular basis (usually every 15-20 refills), as well as replacing the vape coils at the same time.
The Advantages And Disadvantages Of A Vape Pod Kit
Like all vape kits, mods and styles, there are certain advantages and disadvantages to pod kits. Some of the pros of pod kits include:
- How easy they are to use - Pod kits don’t require any putting together or setting up, or have lots of settings that you need to mess around with before you can get started. Most pod kits work using a simple button or draw activated system to create vapour, so it isn’t a difficult system to get your head around, especially for new and beginner vapers. Refilling is also simple for both disposable pods (closed system pod kits) and refillable ones (open system pod kits), and little to no maintenance is required when using a pod system as you don’t have to keep upgrading or buying replacement part if you don’t want to.
- That they are small, discreet and don’t take up much space - With so many design options available, it is easy to find a pod kit that suits you, and is perfect for vaping wherever you are. Generally, pod kits aren’t designed to produce large vapour clouds, so you can vape discreetly at home, in the office or out and about.
- Vape pods give you a wide variety of e-liquid options - For closed system pod kits, the options are slightly limited by manufacturer, as you have to stay with one brand for compatibility with the vape device, but most closed system providers have a wide range of e-liquid options available, so you won’t be short on choice. For those of you who don’t want to be restricted by brand or style, open system pod kits are perfect, as you can refill them as and when you need with the vape juice of your choice! Like more advanced box mods, you have your pick of the market when it comes to the flavour of your vape, unlike more basic beginner kits. You can also choose the nicotine strength that is right for you, as pods are available in many different strengths. Many pod kits are also ideal for use with nicotine salt e-liquids for a stronger and more intense nicotine hit.
- Pod systems help to prevent leakage - With more advanced or customised box mod vapes, there is a change of e-liquid leaking into your pocket or bag when you’re not using it. This isn’t just messy, it’s also a waste of money and can mean you get nicotine-filled vape juice all over your hands and clothes, which isn’t advisable. As pod kit devices are designed to work and fit perfectly with their cartridges, there is considerably less risk of leakage, particularly when using pre-filled cartridges as there is no opening for the e-liquid to leak out of.
- How affordable pod kits are - Like all vapes, there are pod kits available for all budgets, from companies like Elf Bar and Uwell. However, they are generally far more affordable than high-end, customisable box mod devices, without compromising on the quality of your vaping experience. Our pod kits range anywhere from the £7.99 Elf Bar Mate500 device, to the £46.49 iQ Air vapers kit, so there is something for every budget option.
These reasons and more make vape pod kits the choice of device for beginner and advanced vapers alike. However, they aren’t right for everyone, and there are some drawbacks to vape pod kits compared to either device types:
- As a naturally smaller device, the battery life on pod kits can be slightly lower than large box mods with multiple batteries. However, many pod kits can still pack a punch when it comes to battery life, like the Smok Nord 2 Pod Vape Kit with a powerful 1500mAh battery in a convenient 95mm x 30.5mm x 20mm device, which can certainly stand up to some larger devices.
- Pod kits are also less powerful than some of their larger, more advanced counterparts, meaning if you’re after large vapour clouds, you won’t get this kind of effect with a pod kit. However, for many users, this is actually a positive, as this means you can vape more discreetly and comfortably in a wide variety of different places without engulfing your friends or colleagues in a cloud of vapour!
If these parts of the vaping experience are important to you, it might be worth looking into box vape mods, vaporisers or other device kits to find the vape experience that is right for you, but many vapers find that these aren’t deal breakers for a compact, yet powerful device that offers a simple and enjoyable vape experience.
What’s In Your Pod Kit?
A Pod Kit is pretty simple - it contains everything you need to get started with your vape device. This includes the device itself, containing the battery and the coils, as well as the pods, which can come prefilled or empty (sometimes referred to as closed and open system vape pods). You’ll also get a charger, and usually a set of replacement pods, if using a closed system vape pod. If you’re looking at an open system, you’ll usually have to buy the e-liquid yourself.
Disposable (Closed System) vs. Refillable (Open System) Pods
Closed System and Open System vape pods generally use the same actual vape device, and many brands offer both modes for their pod kits, so if you try one and it doesn’t work for you, it’s simple to switch to the other and see if it fits your needs better.
Disposable, or closed system pods use pre-filled cartridges to click quickly and easily in and out of your vape device. They come in a wide variety of strengths and flavours, so it is simple to find the kind of e-liquid that you prefer, without having any of the mess or fuss involved with a box mod or open system pod. As a closed system is designed to fit perfectly, there is also little to no chance of leakage of the e-liquid, which can be an issue with larger, refillable box mods. Closed systems also mean that you don’t have to worry about replacing parts on a regular basis, which helps to keep costs down - once you’re done with each pod, simply throw it away! Despite this, it is usually slightly less economical to use closed pod systems rather than open pods, but both are considerably cheaper than smoking in the long run. You also can’t usually switch to another brand of e-liquid with a closed pod system, as the branded pods are specifically designed to be compatible with a specific device, and vice versa.
In an open system pod, the cartridge is usually the same as in a closed system, only it doesn’t contain e-liquid and has some form of opening to allow the user to fill up the cartridge themselves. It’s very easy to fill up the cartridge, though the system to do so does differ between vape devices. The most significant benefit of the open system is that you can use whichever vape juice you like, and that you can experiment with strengths, formulas and flavours to find the best vape experience for you, though it can be difficult to switch between juice flavours and formulas as quickly and easily as with a closed system. Many vapers who have used both open and closed systems find that open systems allow them to produce bigger vape clouds with a smoother draw, but this simply comes down to personal opinion and preference. However, for some people, the hassle of having to refill your vape on a regular basis, combined with the need for fairly regular maintenance (you’ll need to replace your cartridge and coils on a regular basis with an open system) means that a closed system pod is the best option for them.
Pod Kits for New Vapers
Pod kits are perfect for new and beginner vapers, due to their ease of use, simplicity and affordability when compared to more complex mods. However, they also offer a high-performance entry point to vaping, with better battery life and performance than many starter kits.
Products like the Voopoo VMate Device are perfect for brand new and beginner vapers, as it is incredibly easy to use, and utilises a closed system for ultimate convenience. The VMate pod starter kit contains the VMate device, a high-quality type-c USB charger for ease and convenience, and an empty refillable VThru pod that you simply swap in and out when you’re done. The VMate device is perfect for beginners as it is draw-activated, meaning that the vape device is activated when air is drawn through the mouthpiece. You don’t have to adjust any settings or press any buttons to get started - just inhale and you’re ready! This system makes the VMate device perfect for ex-smokers or smokers trying to cut down on their habit, as this experience is very similar to that of a cigarette. The VMate device is also very slim, portable and discreet, with dimensions of only 95mm x 29mm x 15mm, and a weight of 45g. It has a 900mAh battery, and a small battery indicator light to tell you how much charge your device has left - a useful feature for all vapers! The VThru pods are ready to fill with your favourite e-liquids and feature pre installed coils. Vapers can pick between a smooth 1.2 Ohm MTL resistance or the looser 0.7 Ohm inhale and exhale..
For something a bit more powerful, devices like the iQ ONE and Smok Nord 2 boast a larger size, flatter shape and more powerful batteries than small devices like the RipStick. The iQ One has a 1100mAh battery while the Nord 2 features a 1500mAh capacity - plus both have a flatter and more square shape. These are more advanced vape pod kits that come with a variety of different coils, to give you options when it comes to your vape experience. Whether you prefer a stronger throat hit or to create large, thick vapour clouds, you can use these more advanced devices for both! With an ergonomic mouthpiece, and intuitive button activated mechanism, these devices don’t exclude less experienced vapers either, as they are easy to use and refill, and when you’re ready to start experimenting with different e-liquids and coils, this kind of device lets you get started straight away, without having to look into the pretty in-depth world of box mod vapes. For more advanced vapers, this kind of vape is perfect for getting you whatever you want from your vape experience!
The Vinci 2 Pod Kit is also a great option for new vapers as it is sleek, low-maintenance, and easy to use. The Vinci 2 is an open system pod kit, so you have the freedom to use whichever e-liquid you wish, which is ideal for new users as it gives you the opportunity to find the perfect vape juice for you, without being tied to one brand, system or manufacturer. With a slightly more hefty casing than a device like the RipStick, the Vinci 2 only weighs 115g in a 106mm x 28mm x 27mm case due to the external 18650 battery and comes in five colour options - blue, dazzling line, neon, grey and carbon fibre, for a stylish option that suits you.
With a resilient 1500mAh battery and fast type-C charging cable, the Vinci 2 is a brilliant portable, stylish device that can go with you wherever you need it. We recommend you use high PG e-liquid or 50/50 e-liquids for the higher resistance coils to get the best balance. However, for Sub-Ohm coils try a high VG e-liquid or 70/30 shortfill with the Vinci 2 to enjoy a sweeter flavour and large cloud production. Nic-salts at a lower wattage can also be used to give a smoother, more intense nicotine rush, even in similar concentration to regular e-liquids. Like the RipStick device, the Vinci 2 can be inhale activated, while it also has the option of button activated, making it a great choice for smokers looking to cut down their habit or vapers preferring multiple options on the go.
Or, if you’re not quite ready to get into the world of coils and Sub-Ohm just yet, we also offer the iQ Air Vapers Kit, which is a complete vape kit that gives you everything you need to get started with a pod system, without any fuss. The iQ Air is a very slim, light device, with a 400mAh battery to last you whenever you need it. It’s only 6.5mm wide, making it easily portable. The iQ Air Vapers Kit contains everything you need to get started with your new vape. It includes two iQ Air devices so you can keep them at home, in the car, at the office or wherever you need them! It also contains two magnetic USB chargers - one for at home and one for the car or office. With this pack, you’ll get two tobacco 20mg/ml nicotine salt pods, and a pack of three iQ Air nicotine salt pods in a flavour of your choice - you can choose from tobacco, menthol, strawberry, USA mix or a variety pack. Like the Voom Starter Kit, the iQ Air device works best with nicotine salt pods. Nicotine salts, or nic salts, have a smoother flavour and feeling than regular e-liquids. With nicotine salt e-liquids, you’ll also get a lighter throat hit and a faster and more intense nicotine rush.
With all these options and more available at V2 Cigs, it’s simple to find the best pod kit for your needs, and get the vape experience that is right for you.
Maintaining Your Pod Device
Pods are also good for advanced vapers looking to simplify their experience, without sacrificing in the quality of experience of their vape. For some more advanced pod kit devices, you’ll need to regularly replace not just the pods, but other parts like the coils. At V2 Cigs, we offer replacement pods for all of our closed and open system devices, as well as replacement coils for more advanced devices, so you can maximise your vape device’s longevity and durability over time, helping to keep costs low and your experience as good as ever.
Pod Kits are so well-loved by both experienced vapers and new beginners because of their ease of use, simple, sleek designs, high performance and low maintenance. Take a look at our wide variety of Pod Kits to find the one for you, no matter how much you have to spend, or what you want from your vaping experience.