The question of whether to vape or to use the drops orally is a matter of personal preference.
There is no right or wrong answer.
There are various factors you may wish to consider before making a decision. If you are already vaping then it seems reasonable to start with the vape oil.
CBD Vape Juice
Vaping delivers the CBD into the system more quickly so the effect is felt more rapidly. Reports from current users indicate that you will feel the effects of the CBD within 30 to 120 seconds after inhalation and you will continue to notice them for around 2 to 6 hours.
Vaping delivers the CBD oil straight into your lungs in a smaller concentration. You are in effect inhaling tiny mist particles which are absorbed rapidly into the bloodstream from your lungs.
To keep the effect going you will probably need to vape more frequently throughout the day. If you feel the effects for say, 6 hours, you would probably want to vape again before the 6 hours is up so you do not experience a dip.
Vaping is the better choice if you want a quick effect.
CBD Sublingual Drops
Using the drops orally is probably better if you need the effect to last longer. Most oral users report that the drops take 30 – 45 minutes before the effect is noticeable. You will need to hold the oil under your tongue for around 90 seconds before swallowing the liquid. Holding it under the tongue facilitates absorption into the blood stream.
Once you have swallowed the drops the oil is then absorbed into the body in the usual way through the stomach lining. This is a much longer process. The concentration of the absorbed oil is greater this way which means that the effect will last longer.
You will therefore need to use the drops less frequently.
How Much Do You Take?
The required dosage or the right dosage differs from person to person and basically entails trying out the strengths and frequency of use until you find the right level for you. None of your intake will be wasted as it will build up in your body.
The basic guideline will always remain “start low and work your way up” until you find the best strength and dose for you.
You will need to give time for the CBD to work optimally for you so perseverance is required. It needs to build up in your body. This is not achieved by taking large quantities all at once but taking relatively small quantities several times during the day, over a prolonged period of time.
It is important to understand that the information about quantities on the labels may or may not be reliable for you. The information is there because it is alabel requirement on all health supplements. There is no or very little scientific information which is reliable or accurate on the subject of dose. Everyone metabolizes differently so needs vary greatly from individual to individual.
You would also need to take into consideration why you are taking CBD. The more severe the symptoms or the condition might seem to indicate that you need higher strengths and more of it. While this may be the case for some it may not be right for you.
Intuitively this may seem like unhelpful advice but in reality this is the whole point. We all have to find what is right for us individually.
Why are people using CBD Oil?
There are a myriad of reasons why it is so popular but here are some that you may not have heard about.
- 1.A recent study found that it was effective in reducing the desire to smoke cigarettes
- 2.CBD was found to be effective as a sebostatic and anti-inflammatory agent in the treatment of acne. It inhibits lipid synthesis.
- 3.Curtailing the development of diabetes.
- 4.Shows promising results in the treatment for fibromyalgia
- 5.It has shown promise in halting prions which is the protein that causes neurodegenerative diseases like Creutzfeltd-Jakob and mad cow.
- 6.CBD is known to produce anti-anxiety and anti-inflammatory effects when ingested. It slows everything down and calms the user. It is therefore helpful in the treatment and management of PTSD and both chronic and acute anxiety.
- 7.Promising results have been produced in the treatment of schizophrenia.
- 8.There is some early documented evidence that it is an effective treatment for Crohn’s disease.
- 9.There is evidence to suggest that CBD has the potential to reduce various aspects of Multiple Sclerosis.
- 10.One of the very few side effects of CBD is tiredness so CBD has proved effective in dealing with insomnia.
- 11.CDB has known antiemetic properties and has therefore proved to be effective in alleviating vomiting and nausea caused by chemotherapy and some other therapies.
- 12. There is therapeutic potential for the treatment of seizures as it has anticonvulsant properties.
- 13.There is ongoing research on the antitumoral properties of both THC and CBD
Please note this information should not be construed in any way to mean that anyone is making a claim that CDB cures any of these conditions. Neither does this article intend to infer or suggest that the ingestion of. or inhalation of CBD is guaranteed to alleviate or eradicate any of the conditions or symptoms associated with any of the named conditions. This information is included here merely to inform the would-be user of the scope of medical trials and research being conducted on the marijuana plant.