A superb choice of Starter Kits
Whether you’re new to vaping or already a pro vaper our starter kits give you everything you need to vape quickly and cleanly right out of the box: a battery, a charger and a choice of great tasting flavours – from tobacco to fruit.
Each kit is different in order to meet the vaping needs of the individual. Do you require a longer lasting battery? Perhaps a wider choice of flavours is more important? Or maybe you’d prefer to have an express charger that fits a USB port?
You can even choose the nicotine strength you prefer – from 0 to 18 mg/ml – in easy-to-use pre-filled cartridges containing quality e-liquid. As ever with V2 Cigs, the choice is always yours…
For new users, the world of vapes can be a bit of a confusing one at first glance. Sub-ohms, coils, chambers, wattages, VC, VG and vaporisers might well mean nothing to you if you’ve never vaped before, but it really doesn’t have to be that complex! There are many e-cigarette starter kits on the market that are ideal for new vapers, and finding the right one for you is the first step on your vaping journey.
Many new vapers start vaping as a way to reduce their cigarette intake or to stop smoking completely, as it is an effective way to ensure you’re still getting not only the all-important nicotine hit, but also avoiding some of the more harmful chemicals in cigarettes. In research by the NHS and Public Health England, it was found that vaping and e-cigarettes are 95% safer than cigarette smoking, and are an excellent way for smokers to start their journey to quitting smoking. As well as being much safer than cigarettes, vaping satisfies not just the brain’s nicotine cravings, but also the physical cravings that many long-term smokers struggle with when they are trying to quit. As many vape starter kits are a similar shape and size to a traditional cigarette, the sensation of holding a cigarette is effectively emulated, as is the hand-to-mouth action and the sensation of inhaling vapour or smoke. For many smokers, the social aspect of their habit is also important, and vaping allows users to continue smoking socially without having to use traditional cigarettes.
Vaping is a great alternative or mixed practice for smokers struggling to quit using other nicotine replacement therapies, and it is easy to find a device that is easy to use, powerful and effective for new vapers.
How To Choose Your First Vape Kit
When looking at the vast range of options out there for vapers, some new users can feel confused or intimidated by the sheer volume of products available. E-cigarette starter kits can be a great option for new vapers as they are easy to use, discreet, portable, and offer the vaping experience that is closest to smoking a tobacco cigarette.
There are still a few things to think about before diving straight in! Firstly, how much are you willing to spend? Most starter kits are a very affordable way to get started vaping, and contain everything you need to start straight away, though if you want to spend a little more, you can invest in more powerful and long-lasting batteries, different vape designs and appearance, and more flavour cartridges, among other things.
Lots of first-time vapers like to start off with a cartridge e-cigarette kit, as it is the easiest and quickest way to get started vaping, and the most similar to the experience of smoking a conventional cigarette. A cartridge e-cigarette kit usually comes with a battery, flavour cartridges and charger, and it’s as simple as screwing or slotting the cartridge in and you’re ready to go! Most starter kits are also draw-activated, meaning you don’t have to push any buttons or fiddle with any settings, simply inhale as you normally would with tobacco cigarettes and your vape will activate straight away.
The strength of the e-liquid cartridges you choose is also an important factor. For heavy smokers, a higher nicotine concentration in the e-liquid cartridge you choose will help to satisfy your cravings more effectively, while for less regular smokers, a lower concentration will be perfectly sufficient to balance your nicotine intake. The amount you’ll want to vape and the strength of e-liquid you need varies from person to person, but as a rule of thumb, for vapers with a cigarette smoking background of more than 20 cigarettes a day, a high strength nicotine liquid of 1.8% is ideal. For moderate smokers (those regularly smoking 10-20 cigarettes a day), we recommend our 1.2% nicotine e-liquids, and for those smoking less than 10 tobacco cigarettes a day, a strength of 0.6% is generally the best choice. However, if you try a certain strength and find you need to vape more often than normal, you may need to go up a strength level. Likewise, if you’re finding that you become lightheaded or dizzy when you vape, a weaker e-liquid is probably the right option. We offer starter kit cartridges in 0%, 0.6%, 1.2% and 1.8%, so you can easily find the right option. If you try high-concentration e-liquids and find that you still have cravings, or find that the “throat hit” sensation is too strong to maintain an enjoyable vaping experience,you can also look into nicotine salt vape cartridges and devices. These are generally a little more expensive, but give you a stronger and more intense nicotine hit than regular vape juices (sometimes called freebase e-liquids). This is due to their chemical composition which allows for faster absorption of the nicotine in the body, and also gives you a much smoother and less intense throat hit sensation, without compromising on strength, making them ideal for heavy smokers looking to quit or cut down their cigarette intake.
When you choose your e cigarette starter kit, you’ll get the battery pack, which is the main part of the vape device and the part of it that heats the e-liquid to create the vapour you inhale. In a good starter vape kit, you’ll also get the e-liquid cartridges, which contain the nicotine and flavourings, as well as vegetable glycerin (VG) and propylene glycol (PG), which make up the vast majority of vape liquids, both in refilled cartridges and for vapes that you can fill yourself. You’ll also get a super-fast USB charger and manual for your device. This is everything you’ll need to get started instantly with your new vape, without any messing around with settings, replaceable batteries, fuss or mess - simply click in your cartridge and get ready to go!
Cartridge E-Cigarettes vs. E-Liquid Devices
There are, by and large, two main types of vapes - cartridge systems (sometimes known as pod kits), and e-liquid devices, where the user refills the cartridge themselves using an e-liquid of their choice. While e-liquid devices give users the flexibility to use whatever e-liquid they like, they can be messy and unnecessary for new users, and cartridge or pod options are the most popular as starter and beginner kits due to their ease of use.
E-liquids, on the other hand, are a slightly more labour intensive way to vape, which is why many beginner vapers choose to stay away from them. However, refilling most vapes, especially pod kits and devices, isn’t particularly difficult, and using e-liquids gives you the freedom to experiment with strengths, flavours and chemical makeups of different brands and ranges of vape juice or e-liquids. It also makes it much easier to switch between brands, unlike vape cartridge or pod devices where you have to choose from the options available that are compatible with your device. For most beginner vapers, however, the range of vape flavours and strengths that come with most starter kits is plenty to begin with, and helps them identify the things they like and dislike in their e-liquids in a simple and manageable way.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Cartridge E-Cigarettes
There are several advantages to cartridge devices, especially for new vapers and ex-smokers:
- Cartridge starter kits are the easiest form of vape to use - you simply click the cartridge into the main device, and you can get started straight away. You don’t have to adjust any settings, press any buttons or fiddle with e-liquids and refillable chambers. The parts in the vape device don’t need to be changed, and you don’t need to do anything else!
- Cartridge kits are also the most similar form of vaping to smoking tobacco cigarettes, due to their small portable size, thin, cylindrical shape making them some of the easiest devices to use. They are sometimes known as vape pens for their size and shape. The only difference when it comes to the smoking experience is the flavour you choose (though several fantastic tobacco flavours are available), and that you don’t need a lighter - you just screw in the cartridge and inhale. As most starter kit e-cigarettes are draw-activated, you don’t have to press any buttons or do anything differently to how you would with a traditional cigarette. There are also button-activated options available, which give you the same simple experience, just with the push of a button!
- There is a huge range of strengths and flavours available with your starter kits, making it easy to find the kind of e-liquid that works for you. We offer a wide variety of flavours in our starter kits, ranging from several different authentic tobacco flavours to refreshing menthol, fun fruity flavours and sweet vanilla and cola tastes, all in a range of four different nicotine strengths - 0%, 0.6%, 1.2% and 1.8%.
- Cartridge kits and vape kits in general, are far cheaper than smoking. Many smokers spend up to £3,000 per year on cigarettes, while the average vape user only spends around £500 per year on vape cartridges, e-liquids, replacement parts, making it far more economical to vape. Starter kits are some of the most affordable vape devices on the market, providing new and inexperienced vapers with a very accessible route into the world of vaping.
- Starter kits are unobtrusive, don’t take up much space and are easy to carry around and transport with you wherever you are. You take them on planes and in the car, they fit comfortably into most pockets and are very discreet, unlike some more powerful, advanced vapes which have larger tanks and bulky batteries, making it difficult to take them with you in a bag or pocket, meaning you might be left without your vape when you need it. There’s no need to worry about this with the slim vape pens in our starter kits.
- Despite their simplicity, vape pens, cartridge e-cigarettes and other similar devices still have plenty of power to create a satisfying vape experience, without the bulky packaging of large, powerful devices.
However, like all the different vape options, there are some downsides to starter kits and cartridge e-cigarettes:
- Per cartridge unit, this kind of vape is a little bit more expensive than buying e-liquids on its own and putting it in the vape device yourself. However, for many users just starting out, it is worth the extra to not have to work out the world of e-liquids when they are beginning to experiment with your vaping device. Plus, even the slightly more expensive cartridges are still far more affordable than cigarettes, making the switch to vaping financially worth it, even if you do choose more expensive vape options.
- As they are a small, manageable size and very lightweight, many starter kits lack the extended battery life and power of some more advanced vape models. This means you’ll probably have to charge your vape more often, especially if you vape very regularly. You might need to set up chargers at home, in the car or in the office to make sure you always have your vape when you need it, which is why many of our starter kits contain one or more chargers to make sure you’ve always got your vape on hand. Because of the smaller battery size, smaller vape devices like our starter kits charge very quickly, so even if you do find yourself with a flat vape device, it won’t be long before you’re up and running again!
- With small devices like our basic starter e-cigarettes, their size and shape mean you can’t buy replacement parts for them or change the batteries yourself. At the end of your vape’s life, you’ll either need to buy another or upgrade your model to one with removable and replaceable parts, if you like to be able to make upgrades yourself. The cartridges are also disposable for ease of use, and you simply throw each one away when it is out of vape juice and pop another one in. This means that vape starter kits do make more waste than refillable vape devices, however, the environmental impact of these is still far less than that of cigarettes and the tobacco industry, and the authentic smoking experience more effectively emulates traditional cigarettes, making it easier to quit.
- With cartridge or pod kits, you’re restricted in the flavours you can choose, as you have to make sure you’re buying e-liquid cartridges that are compatible with your own device. For some users, this can be restrictive, so they prefer refillable cartridges or tanks in their vape, however for most users, especially those just starting out, it’s far more manageable to find the most enjoyable flavours for their vape without having the whole world of e-liquids at their fingertips. Once you get to know the kind of vape flavours and strengths you like the most, you can move into different brands or devices. However, many users find that they enjoy the flavours with their starter kits, and so will simply buy refills for them!
The V2 E-Cigarette Starter Kit Range
Our starter kits are so-called “cig-a-like” devices, meaning they have been designed to emulate the look, feel and experience of a traditional tobacco cigarette.
The Vapour2 Classic Starter Kit comes with everything you need to start vaping straight away! It comes with a Classic device, which comes in white to truly emulate the experience of smoking a regular cigarette. You’ll also get up to four cartridges with your vape in your choice of flavour profile - Tobacco (4 cartridges), Menthol (4 cartridges), Sweet (3 cartridges) and Fruity (3 cartridges). You’ll also get an express USB charger that is compatible with your Vapour2 Classic device, so you’re never left without your vape. The standard battery is a compact 250mAh device, which will last around 200 puffs before it needs to be recharged. If you’ve tried and loved the Vapour2 Classic device, or want to start your vape journey with a little more investment, the Vapour2 Standard Starter Pack might be the best option for you. This pack comes with one automatic and one button-activated battery, available in white, black, silver or navy for a stylish option that suits how you like to vape. You’ll also get an express USB charging cable, user manual and a pack of five flavour cartridges in the flavour of your choice. This kit lets you keep multiple vapes wherever you need them - at home, in the car, at the office or wherever else you find yourself needing to pick up a vape! For stationary vaping, such as at home, we also offer the V2 Power Cig, which is plugged in for a more powerful and long-lasting vape experience.
For an upgraded beginner experience, the Vapour2 EX Series starter pack gives you the experience of a top-of-the-line cartridge, without the hefty price tag! The EX Series Starter pack comes fully equipped with the EX Device battery module, super-fast charger and five EX series cartridges in a flavour of your choice. The EX series device comes in five stylish colours (Opal, Brushed Steel, Rose Gold, Blue Pearl and Matte Black) so you can find a sleek, beautiful vape device that isn’t just powerful and practical - it looks great too! You can also try the Vapour2 EX Series Standard Pack, which contains two fantastic EX devices, available in either button or draw-activated formats (or one of each!) along with five cartridges in the flavour of your choice, and a high-powered USB charger, so your vape doesn’t run out when you need it! The EX series has a more powerful battery than its Classic counterpart, with a 280mAh battery lasting for an average of 225 puffs before needing to be recharged - depending on your style of vaping and how often you vape, this can last from a few days or up to more than a week. You’ll see the EX batteries have small LED indicators that tell you when your battery needs charging before it runs out, and the battery can be fully charged in only a few hours, making this device as convenient as it is stylish! Like the V2 Classic range, we also offer an EX Series Power Cig, designed to be used at your computer or at home. It comes with a connected USB cable that you simply "plug and play", along with a pack of five EX cartridges in the flavour of your choice!
Our E-Cigarette Cartridges
In our starter kits, we offer two ranges of cartridges - the Vapour2 Classic range and the Vapour2 EX Series. The Vapour2 Classic range of cartridges comes in a wide variety of flavours, and with your starter pack, you’ll get an introductory pack of three or four flavours so you can find your favourites. These come in four flavour profiles - tobacco, menthol, sweet or fruity, with a great selection of flavours in each, such as vanilla, chocolate, cherry, peppermint, cola, red tobacco, gold tobacco and many more! Once you know what your favourite flavour is, you can buy replacement cartridges in packs of five, twenty, forty, eighty and even packs of 100 for the most affordable flavour cartridge bundle. You can get your replacement cartridges in all the same strengths and flavours as the starter packs, so once you find your favourite (or even favourites!), you’re all set! We also offer completely compatible blank cartridges as a part of our Vapour2 classic range, so if you love the simplicity and ease of the Vapour2 Classic device, but want to expand your horizons when it comes to your e-liquid, that’s perfectly fine too!
The Vapour2 EX Series is perfect for new vapers who want to invest a little more in the style and power of their vape, while still getting a great value product. The EX Series e-cigarette cartridges come in four tobacco flavours, making them ideal for ex-smokers and new vapers to get that authentic experience. The EX Series cartridges contain some of the highest quality cartridge e-liquids on the market, and have been specifically created to provide a smooth vaping experience with thick, fluffy vapour clouds. Each cartridge has a small indicator window on the side, so you can easily see how much e-liquid you have left, how quickly you’re getting through your e-liquid and when your cartridge is done! They also feature an airtight seal that prevents leakage and ensures optimum airflow, resulting in some impressive vapour clouds! You can get the EX Series cartridges in packs of five, twenty, forty and eighty, and in four satisfying flavours to emulate traditional tobacco cigarettes - Red Tobacco, Sahara Tobacco, Menthol and Congress Tobacco, and you’ll get one of each as a part of your starter pack!
With so many versatile, practical and affordable options available for new vapers, it couldn’t be easier to get started on your vape journey with Vapour2 today!