How to Choose the Strength for your E Liquid or Cartridges
The most common question we hear from smokers new to e-cigarettes is "What is the best nicotine strength for me to try first?".
Low Tar ["Mild"] Cigarette Smokers
We would suggest that if you smoke "light/mild" cigarettes you start with the 0.6% nicotine strength cartridges or e liquid.
For "medium" tobacco cigarettes or similar then 1.2% is probably the more suitable strength to start with.
Other stronger cigarettes and roll your own
For other strong tobacco brands it may be best to start with 1.8% - then if this is too strong order 1.2% next time.
If you need something with more kick/throat hit then you could try the 1.8% which is our strongest strength and is popular with rolling tobacco users.
If you are unsure you can always telephone us on 01733 555 555 to discuss any questions or your personal requirements with our customer services team.
Please also have a look through the table below. During our comparison testing our tasters came to the following personal analogies, your tastes may differ slightly though so please use this information for outline guidance only:
- 0% - Zero nicotine, just the taste & flavour
- 0.6% - Mild cigarettes
- 1.2% - Medium strength/nicotine tobacco
- 1.8% - Stronger/higher nicotine cigarettes. Full Strength and full flavour for rolling tobacco & pipe tobacco users and heavier smokers. NB: If you struggle getting enough nicotine from your e-cigarette then it is worth trying a more powerful vape pen to get more vapour.
Remember a standard cigarette has about 6-7 puffs - Use your V2 in the same way.
E-Liquid Sample Packs
What is in Electronic Cigarette Vapour?
V2 Cigs want smokers to know exactly what they are purchasing which is why V2 Cigs is one of the few companies that publish their e liquid ingredients online and provide batch reports of each flavour and strength.
V2 Cigs cartridges and e liquid contain three primary ingredients; nicotine (zero nicotine for 0% strength), food grade flavourings and propylene glycol (a USA FDA approved food additive used in everything from cake mixes to asthma inhalers).
Propylene Glycol is the preferred e-cig ingredient base used to dilute and vaporize the pharmaceutical-grade nicotine e liquid.
Zero strength cartridges contain no nicotine, just our fantastic flavours.
Propylene Glycol in Electronic Cigarettes
- Propylene glycol is a clear, colourless liquid at room temperature. It may exist in air in the vapour form, although propylene glycol must be heated or briskly shaken to produce a vapour
- Propylene glycol is practically odourless and tasteless
- Propylene glycol has had an unsurpassed reputation for safe use in a wide range of consumer products, including food products, cosmetics and pharmaceuticals,
- It is used as a stabilizer (to keep things held together, and keep them from evaporating), and to keep foods moist. It’s used in many of the foods that we eat, and the USA FDA deems it safe for human consumption